Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Miss Jessie Baylin!


HOORAY!


My dear sweet friend here in Nashville is not here with me to celebrate, but she's wonderful none the less. Today, friends, is the day that my friend Jessie's CD is available everywhere! I'm so excited for her.
So...true to Carrie form...I met her when she was on tour with a guy named James Morrison about a year ago (who is one of my favorite artists). She was from LA (and you know how I love LA), but I didn't talk to her at all. I made friends over chats about perezhilton.com, however, with her guitar player...a guy named Eric Robinson who we lovingly now call the "Hat Bastard" since he is rarely seen without a hat.
Fast forward a year and I'm still communicating with Eric via MySpace and text messaging. Still wanting to befriend this little bohemian doll. I finally ran into her out one night and started chatting and it was immediately clear that we were meant to be friends! This girl is VERY dear to me!

Today is her album release...and you guys know how picky I am about music. You can listen to one of her songs on my player down and to the right. Her voice is very jazzy/bluesy and is perfect for sitting out on a porch and sipping on some coffee.
Pick it up today!!

3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Oh, I like her. She's like that girl from Elf's voice.

carrie b. said...

...who by the way is in a band now called "She and Him" you should check them out too, Cami!

Lora said...

NICE VOICE!