Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Getting Started...Again

I feel as though I have failed my good friends. Several years ago, I started myself a Xanga page. This was the page that I used to communicate with my friends while I was away in Europe, home for summer, Senior year of college, and finally...first moved to Nashville. I have since abandoned said blog. RIP, little buddy!



The story of this blog is simple. I, Carrie Blurton, moved to Nashville with a dream. With stars in my eyes, a degree in my hand, and a heart for music I dove head first into the music industry hoping to find money, fame, and promote the stars. (Of course, like any girl I possibly maybe even wanted to marry a musician...that dream has since been dashed to the reality that musicians are SO not my type).



I worked hard, gained the music industry job and worked promoting music videos and going to concerts for a year and a half. On September 12, my dreams were again broken when I was laid off. My last paycheck from the music industry went into my account on my 25th birthday.



Since that day, I have been 25 and Unemployed.



My many adventures so far have been compiled privately, but as I'm discovering...more and more people identify with what I'm going through. I have decided to make my unauthorized, non-payable psycological study about what it's like to be in this predicament public.



We'll begin with this little finding this week:

Fact: I'm working as a temp at a construction equipment company. I have a desk with a window on the 4th floor that overlooks my favorite music venue, Exit In...oh the irony. Although I have a job, I really don't. Luxuries like paid holidays do not come when you're a temp. They should be called: "Days When Carrie Can't Eat".



Okay, maybe things aren't that bad, but I find myself stressed out about the weirdest things lately. My job involves running credit checks on people and companies. I had someone explain to me a credit report last week and looking over it made me nervous. What if I had a credit check run on me?? Would I be able to lease a piece of Construction equipment?? A stupid thought...seeing that I never once wanted to rent any kind of construction equipment, but that thought lasted me through the night. There were tears involved...all over the potential that I would have a bad credit score. I paniced as I remembered the late Blockbuster Videos, the forgotten and later paid off Cable bills from college, the occasional late Cell phone bill. All these things that I thought never mattered.



I finally called my dad. Jerry is always able to help make matters better. Dad, being the great man that he is, eventually had to calm my nerves by running a credit report on me. I am happy to say, I am all paid off and current. PHEW!



If you or someone you know has this fear please go to http://www.annualcreditreport.com/. You ARE able to check your credit 3 times a year. This might just save your life...or just help you sleep better at night...no one wants to have a worried friend (see below)

3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

YOU'RE BACK!!!!

Lora said...

CARRIE-SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK-BUT PLEASE POST A PICTURE WITH THAT INFAMOUS CARRIE SMILE!

lk said...

Just found your blog and can not be more excited!! I know, I'm bad, I owe you a phone conversation.

Loving you all the way from Austin!!