Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Crackberry


November of 2006, I traveled from Nashville, TN to Mt. Pleasant, TX to take part in the festivities that surrounded the Arita wedding. It was a grand affair and a great time had by all.

My dear little sweet roommate got married and all the roommates were there to watch her walk down the aisle (Holly was there in spirit).

While there, I finally caved and bought myself a little gift: a new phone. My old phone had been held together by hair rubber bands for months and was finally reaching it's last leg. It was quite obviously an out of date phone. I finally caved and bought a Razor phone. (sidenote: my other roommate Camille once thought that a Razor phone was an actual Razor and an actual phone in one...)

19 months later, my little razor phone had hit it's last leg. For the last few weeks, it has enjoyed the torment that ensues when it decided to hang up on my parents, friends, or whoever else I might be talking to on the phone. I HATED it, but I was holding out for the 2 year mark. The day when I could go to the store with pride and buy myself an iPhone. July 11, that was going to be the date...so maybe not 2 years, but close.

Dreams were dashed today when the screen died while I was at the dry cleaners. I knew I couldn't function without texts or even just knowing who called. So I scooted over to the AT&T store and made the decision that it was time to upgrade. I finally caved and bought a Blackberry. Yep, I'm the most professional looking unemployed girl ever.

I will be using it to check PerezHilton.com from work.

4 comments:

Lora said...

Bobby has an I Phone-can you believe someone as technically challenged as we 2 are would buy an I phone. It was the stock quotes that were the selling point!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Oooh, so cool! I want one!

haha, razor phone. I'm retarded.

Lindsey said...

I didn't know you went shopping in the metropolis of Mount Pleasant for a new phone. They don't even have AT&T there. Where did you go? Anyhoo... Your RED blackberry is smokin! I love it!

Rachael said...

YAY you are back to blogging. I can't believe that we keep missing eachothers phone calls...I mean how hard can it be to get a hold of somebody?!
I drove through Nashville the other day and thought of you (thats one of the reasons I was calling so much)

Anyways...love you and don't stress too much about your credit :)