Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 4

Before I take time to write this, I just want to point out one of the greatest sounds on this great earth...the sound of the cicadas outside my house right now. This sound to me evokes memories of lemonade stands, baseball games, slumber parties, and wrapping houses. How innocent and fun everything was before the world got complicated. *sigh*

Good news is, although I'm not 10, I have been having a great time since getting my job! Last weekend (4th of July) I spent the entire day with friends. I woke up late, went and laid out with 2 girls from Whirlpool (Heather & Erica), then went to Beckah's for some hot tub action, then to Andy's for a cookout. The group of friends at this cookout is the same group that I've been with for the last 3 years for 4th of July. It's definitely tradition now to see them.

The thing I love about these friends is that we pray before we eat together. It makes me feel like I have this amazing family in Nashville. This family that I will dearly miss when I leave. The good news is that it will make it so much more special when I come in for Matt's Christmas party or Brashier's Thanksgiving. I'm so excited for the move!

Monday started a new endeavor, no sugar/bread/fruit/alcohol for 2 weeks! Today marks day 4 and I can already tell you that it's pretty much all I think about! I've been cooking though, and it's been really fun to be creative in the kitchen. Tonight, I made Spaghetti Squash with meat sauce (Ground Turkey). It was very YUM and I felt quite satisfied to have made such a delicious meal using only "approved" ingredients. I'm going on a cruise at the end of September though so this little bootie needs a kick!

Other news: found out the nearest Starbucks AND Target to St. Joseph, MI is 35 miles away. Someone PLEASE tell them to build one there before September. Thank you

3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Enjoy your Spaghetti Squasher...

Lora said...

There was life before Target & Starbucks-I PROMISE! I lived it!

Lindsey said...

Squash spaghetti... yum yum! Why didn't you ever make that for us in Waco?

Miss YOU!