Thursday, August 14, 2008

my my my...how time has flown

6 weeks left in Nashville! 6 weeks to finish out the list!

I know I know...it's been two weeks since I wrote. After some serious nagging...er...encouragement by some of my loyal readers I'm back.

Things I've learned in the last 2 weeks:
1. What a Maraschino cherry really is
2. How to install locks on doors (it took 3 ladies to get this task done and lots of laughter ensued. I got to use the power drill!)
3. The perfect amount of humidity for my hair (whatever it was yesterday)

But then I learned about the pain and violence in the world today. Yesterday, my friend Allison text me in response to a disturbing article she read on 11alive.com (Atlanta's source for viable news). This article clearly exhibits the problems facing kids today and why they are turning to a life of crime.

Please read: "Officials Say Boy "Poked" Girl With a Pencil"

What is this world coming to?

I would like to let you in on the conversation that Allison and I had following this disturbing article:

Allison: In an unrelated case its been reported that a 9 year old boy pulled a girl's hair. She's in serious, but stable condition.

Carrie: This just in...boy taken into custody for sexually harassing girls by chasing them around the playground.

Allison: If convicted, he could serve up to 5 minutes in the local time out with no chance of perole.

Carrie: He has hired an attorney from the lawfirm of Bert & Ernie

Allison: They're household names after their victory in the Monster cookie theft trial of 07. Many believe they can win this case.

Carrie: It's said they are offering a plea bargan of twelve stickers, a worm and three snack packs.

Allison: The victim is demanding nothing less than four snack packs and a pack of fingerpaints on top of what has already been offered.

Carrie: She claims the emotional tortured caused her to "run home to mommy". Slanderous words have been thrown around as she now refers to the accused as "poopyhead"

Allison: This can only hurt her case as the lawyers have uncovered several reports claiming the victim is a 'cry baby' and a 'tattle tell'. Unsettling in the least.

Let's hope these violent acts stop soon!